Join the Elmhurst Artists’ Guild
The Elmhurst Artists’ Guild meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month from September through May at the Elmhurst Art Museum. These meetings consist of a short business meeting, refreshments, and a program conducted by a prominent artist-demonstrator or a program involving Guild members. These programs cover various media and topics including watercolor, oil, acrylic, printmaking, sculpture, pottery, mixed media and professional practices.
Membership in the guild is not limited to residents of Elmhurst, but is open
to “any artist or lover of art in sympathy with and willing to work for the
promotion of the objectives of the Elmhurst Artists’ Guild” with full
participation “not to be denied to any person on account of race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, or disability.”
- Exhibiting in the four member shows, held in the Elmhurst Artists’ Gallery
at the Elmhurst Art Museum
- Eligibility for solo or small groups shows after two years of membership
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly meeting with a demonstration or presentation by an art professional
- Exhibiting at many local businesses under the External
- Discounts at Carlson, K&T Colors, Oslo-Brown/Giclee
Printing, TreeTowns Reprographics, and Wallscapes
- Free entry into the Elmhurst Art Museum to view their exhibits
- Critique of members’ artwork by an art professional at a scheduled Guild monthly meeting
- Holiday party with silent auction and raffle
- Eligibility to exhibit in the EAG tent at Art in the Park
- Automatic membership in the Alliance of Fine Art (AFA)
- Annual student art award granted by the Guild to a graduating high school senior
Membership dues are $36.00 for individuals, $54.00 for two people at the same address, or $15.00 for a high school or college student with a valid school ID. All memberships renew on July 1. However, if you join as a new member after December 31, the dues are ½ off until July 1 when they renew at the regular rate.
Download the application here. (PDF)
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file).